Funny is good … but witty is even better !
- Doing or saying something funny is usually easy, but being witty (intelligently funny) is much more difficult.
- However, what’s funny in one place can often be not funny at all elsewhere, so you have to be careful.
The Internet is littered with jokes and pranks that back-fired badly and what goes on in the Internet … gets into every home, office and interview room on the planet.
So be very, very careful !
On the other hand, if something funny begins to travel, it really can travel … and generate lots of traffic to your website
So, lots of digital marketers are willing to give it a go … at least once a year.
- Microsoft launches MS.DOS phone for the over 50’s
- Ireland West Airport – Welcome to the ‘Little Flyers Club‘
- Are you watching this, Michael O’Leary ???
- Children have to be below certain size, otherwise additional charges may accrue
- Tesla – with about five minutes remaining in the trading day, the company posted a statement on its official website under the headline: “Announcing the Tesla Model W.”
- Reuters and at least one other news organization published headlines based on the statement
- In the following minute, the stock jumped about $1.50 or about up 0.75 percent from its level the moment before to as high as $188.50 <great news for the sellers>
- Nearly 400,000 shares traded in that time, and it was the heaviest one minute of trading volume in the stock since the opening 60 seconds of trading on Feb 12.
- Tesla shares quickly retraced most of that upward move and ended the session at $187.59, down 0.63 percent from Tuesday’s close. <not so good if you were a buyer>
- RTÉ Morning Ireland reported that
- the Spire is to be removed from O’Connell street for a period of two weeks to allow for 1916 celebrations. They went on to report that the giant spike’s removal would come out of tax payer’s money and work out at around €500,000 <well, actually, this might be a good thing … but only if its kept down permanently>
- Sunday World reports Poland had 12 players on the pitch !
- UEFA enquiry to recommend a replay – https://lnkd.in/dVnFjHZ
- Roy Keane was assessing Irish players taking part in the Woking v Macclesfield clash in the Conference League
- Jeremy Clarkson joins Guardian drive for fossil fuel divestment